The rear padded flexors, those of the centralfront area and inner tongue, allow a correct flexion of the foot in the correct areas, therefore it enables a wide range of movements, especially when walking on scope, going up or downstairs, dirving trucks.
We all have a unique foot length and volume. Despite this, industrial production requires standardisation of shoe sizes in accordance with scales that are internationally accepted by all manufacturers. The result is that shoe size does not correspond perfectly to the real size of the foot. To overcome this problem, Jolly has developed the SCS, Sole Compensator System. It consists of insocks of different thickness designed to compensate the volume of the shoe in relation to the volume of the foot. The shoe comes supplied together with the standard insock, but if necessary, can be fitted with the SCS EXTRA thicker insock, or with the SCS thinner insock. This ensures a perfect fit, maximum comfort and stability.
Fit System art. 9005/GA 9008/GA 9016/A 9006/G 9106/G
The new elasticated system is designed to allow a volume adjustment inside the foot area which creates a much improved fit for both feet, and reduces the need for special measures. The system is specially suitable for female firefighters. When selecting the size, we recommend to always verify the suitability of the footwear with a trial fit. The footwear will only meet safety requirements when worn properly.
In order to reach the highest level of SRC (slip resistance), Jolly developed for its Fire and S&R collections a new outsole, shaped on the new J-Morphic last The outline of our new J-Morphic last, much more “rounded”, wants to be a valid alternative to traditional “flat” outsole/last systems that use metallic antiperforation insoles.
The advantages are:
- the profile is more modern, with a wider toe box so that your toes are not cramped together.
- the rounded heel eases the footing during the roll-over phase, avoiding a sharp edge annoyance; it also ensures higher levels of slip resistance.
- a better feet roll-over motion that allows the shoes to perform the 90% of each step without bending the outsole, the creasing stress on its bonding and preventing upper’s wrinkles that can cause pressure points on the foot. The walk will be more comfortable, the foot less stressed and the muscles more relaxed.
- the energy absorption level is given by the rubber compound of the outsole, by the height and shape of its cleats and inner net, by the composite material of the antiperforation insole, and most of all by our J-Morphic last: so that, in order to give our excellence lightness and energy absorption results, Jolly shoes don’t need PU hidden midsoles or inserts that can melt at 130° and make the boot collapse internally.
The absorption level of energy is established by:
- the thickness and composition of the outsole
- the height and the shape of the heel and inner net which also causes a decrease weight and the presence of an air pad for a better heat isolation,
- the composite material of the anti-perforation midsole
- the presence of antishock PU or EVA inserts
- our specific shape.
Peculiar element characterizing the rubber soles for the Jolly footwear of FIRE and SEARCH& RESCUE collection is the internal honey-comb structure. The air cushion created between the upper and the sole increases the properties of heat and cold insulation, in addition it improves the energy absorption of heel thanks to the specific study of heights and thicknesses of the rubber grid. Moreover the sole is lighter and more flexible when compared to the soles that use a PU filling which are proved to have an increased weight and rigidity.